Angeluspress.org - Catholic Books, Bibles, Missals, Lives of the Saints

LONG-SKIRTS

LONG-SKIRTS
Fr. Flanery, Sr. Mary Bernard, his sister receiving Father's First Blessing

Fr. Flanery's Ordination Day

Fr. Flanery's Ordination Day
A Family for Christ

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Christmas Shoppers


THE
SISTERS
DE
SALES

“So, how do you like
Our town and all?”
Their favorite place?
The shopping mall.

“Why, it’s the first…
Place I go,
To make a visit,
Lift my woe.

Love the glitter,
Glam, galore.
Malls, I praise,
I do adore.

Talk about your
Answered prayer.
Everything
You can find there.

Perfumes, jewels,
Salons for nails…
Can’t find these?
Ask sisters of sales.

And religiously,
Down each aisle,
Sisters of sales
Will lead with a smile.

Enticing trinkets,
Goods displayed,
Where one can ponder
Things man-made.”

The final offerings,
Purses pour,
At every counter
In every store.

And little drawers
Open wide,
Where dollar-deity
Doth reside.

They give their thanks,
For money rolls
Then drive past Church…

…the Angelus tolls.