Angeluspress.org - Catholic Books, Bibles, Missals, Lives of the Saints

LONG-SKIRTS

LONG-SKIRTS
Fr. Flanery, Sr. Mary Bernard, his sister receiving Father's First Blessing

Fr. Flanery's Ordination Day

Fr. Flanery's Ordination Day
A Family for Christ

Sunday, October 21, 2007

Giving Thanks

I’LL GIVE YOU THANKS

Thank you for
The swing set.
Thank you for
The sky.

Thank you for
The bushes
They played in
By and by.

Thank you for
The hammock.
Thank you for
The tree.

Thank you for
The piles and piles
Of stubborn stained
Laundry.

Thank you for
Ten children.
Horrific, birthing
Pain.

Thank you for
The people,
Who said
I was insane.

Thank you for
The doctor.
Thank you for
The nurse.

Thank you for
My mother dear
Who put on
Me a curse!

Thank you for
My life,
Though I’m no
Who of Who’s…

But Lord
Don’t ya think,
It’s time
I get a cruise?!