
THE
KANSAS
CITY
MOON
Wide western sky,
Slate of gray
Dwarfs
Missouri plains.
Miles out straight
I stretch my eyes
On twilight’s
Crystal grains.
I sit between
The guests and glass,
Ignoring hotel’s
Bustle.
Staring at
The worn-out sun,
For whom
Day, night, do hustle.
But Lady day,
She always bids
The sleepy sun
To follow,
As Mistress night
Accepts her plight,
In darkness
She must wallow.
In gown, silk-black,
Waved hair, pulled back
To let her
Diamonds show,
So I can see
Her flirting glee…
With moon,
Her midnight beau.
KANSAS
CITY
MOON
Wide western sky,
Slate of gray
Dwarfs
Missouri plains.
Miles out straight
I stretch my eyes
On twilight’s
Crystal grains.
I sit between
The guests and glass,
Ignoring hotel’s
Bustle.
Staring at
The worn-out sun,
For whom
Day, night, do hustle.
But Lady day,
She always bids
The sleepy sun
To follow,
As Mistress night
Accepts her plight,
In darkness
She must wallow.
In gown, silk-black,
Waved hair, pulled back
To let her
Diamonds show,
So I can see
Her flirting glee…
With moon,
Her midnight beau.

