
THE
UNPOLISHED
JADE
I had a friend,
A friend to me,
Everything a
Friend should be.
I had a friend,
A friend who prayed,
And made my life
A polished jade.
I had a friend,
A friend so sad,
He lost his joy
And became mad.
I had a friend,
A friend who breathed,
On me his anger
Stewed and seethed.
I had a friend,
A friend who spoke,
To itching ears
And feckless folk.
I had a friend,
A friend who hid,
I who always
Did as bid.
I who always
Listened and learned
From him so chosen
His guidance I yearned.
I who knew
He was more than a man
And for him will still
Do all that I can.
I who loved
Platonic pure
Still I love
So I'll endure...
For I had a friend
But now I'm afraid
He left me to tarnish…
An unpolished jade.
UNPOLISHED
JADE
I had a friend,
A friend to me,
Everything a
Friend should be.
I had a friend,
A friend who prayed,
And made my life
A polished jade.
I had a friend,
A friend so sad,
He lost his joy
And became mad.
I had a friend,
A friend who breathed,
On me his anger
Stewed and seethed.
I had a friend,
A friend who spoke,
To itching ears
And feckless folk.
I had a friend,
A friend who hid,
I who always
Did as bid.
I who always
Listened and learned
From him so chosen
His guidance I yearned.
I who knew
He was more than a man
And for him will still
Do all that I can.
I who loved
Platonic pure
Still I love
So I'll endure...
For I had a friend
But now I'm afraid
He left me to tarnish…
An unpolished jade.

