I think that I
Shall never see,
A monkey smoking
In a tree.
Or guzzlin' beer,
At happy hour,
Cannot choose,
They have no power.
Have no will,
It's all instinct,
Well planned out,
No missing-linked.
Daily patterns,
They must follow,
Nothing holy,
Nothing hollow.
Just obey,
There's no pretend.
Books to read?
No truth, defend.
Man can choose
To drink all day.
Man can read,
Brush truth away.
Man can smoke
Up trees in May,
Picking nits
Like monkeys play.
But still I think,
You'll never see...
The monkey down
On bended knee!
A monkey smoking
In a tree.
Or guzzlin' beer,
At happy hour,
Cannot choose,
They have no power.
Have no will,
It's all instinct,
Well planned out,
No missing-linked.
Daily patterns,
They must follow,
Nothing holy,
Nothing hollow.
Just obey,
There's no pretend.
Books to read?
No truth, defend.
Man can choose
To drink all day.
Man can read,
Brush truth away.
Man can smoke
Up trees in May,
Picking nits
Like monkeys play.
But still I think,
You'll never see...
The monkey down
On bended knee!


