DOWN
A
ROAD
In the Autumn when leaves turn
For our Lady I will yearn
Down a road called Olivet
Notre Dame de LaSalette.
September’s sky
A Marian blue
Red bricked Church
Came into view
Mewling and puking In Mother’s arm
My parents left
I felt alarm
In the Autumn when leaves turn
For our Lady I will yearn
Down a road called Olivet
Notre Dame de LaSalette.
January’s
Cold white snow
Sanctuary’s light
Rose glow
Ready to study
Shining face
Satchel and book
‘Fore fireplace
In the Autumn when leaves turn
For our Lady I will yearn
Down a road called Olivet
Notre Dame de LaSalette.
Then cruel April’s
Warmth, sleet, rain
Upon the pitch
We fought for our Dame
The holy Mistress,
Lions trying
We ruck and maul
A furnace sighing
In the Autumn when leaves turn
For our Lady I will yearn
Down a road called Olivet
Notre Dame de LaSalette.
Jealous June
The four years fly
Oaths and honour
Are June’s good-bye
But soldiers Confirmed
Sudden and quick
From LaSalette’s lair
To the jungle’s thick
So in the Autumn when leaves turn
For our Lady I will yearn
Her constant Coronation guiding from above
To don Faith,
don Hope,
don everlasting Love!


