Angeluspress.org - Catholic Books, Bibles, Missals, Lives of the Saints

LONG-SKIRTS

LONG-SKIRTS
Fr. Flanery, Sr. Mary Bernard, his sister receiving Father's First Blessing

Fr. Flanery's Ordination Day

Fr. Flanery's Ordination Day
A Family for Christ

Sunday, April 27, 2014

Low Sunday



LO
SUNDAY

“It is written, man cannot live by bread only,” (Matthew 4:4)

If I give bread alone
Then man is no more than a dog
Might as well be the first to come
To My banquet out of the fog.

If I give bread alone
Man’s want, only to relieve,
Then I am only a baker
Filling bellies, not souls to believe.

If I give bread alone
Being social reforming reform
Then I am not the Redeemer
Come to save souls through Me and conform.

If I give bread alone
Bring outer abundance instead
Only a cheap leader of people
Leaving their inner holiness dead.

You would have Me begin with security
Yes, bread, there always must be,
Lo, bread gets its power to nourish
“Not by bread alone.” but from Me.