
CONVERSATION
AT THE
COMMUNITY CENTER
I can see four,
But five or six?
I say find other ways
To get kicks.
Two boys, two girls…
Don’t you need to have fun?
Actually, why ever
Have more than just one?
I love God,
And so do you.
Do you think that God
Wants more than just two?
Do you feel God wants
You burdened with more?
Do you really believe
You need more than four?
Do you? Do you?
Do you? Why?!
I stopped at four
Why not like I?
Why not, like me?
Walk in shoes I’ve shod,
And then have more time
To spend it with God.
“With every baby…
Comes a loaf of bread –
Not cake with frosting,
But bread.” I said.
For babies with bread
You’d spill all that blood?
She got up and left
Slammed the door with a thud.
“Yes.” I replied,
To myself, all alone,
Thinking of Him hanging
Chilled to the bone.
“It’s the least for my Master,
Whose Flesh is Bread, whole,
At the Mass He bleeds wine
For each baby’s new soul.”
AT THE
COMMUNITY CENTER
I can see four,
But five or six?
I say find other ways
To get kicks.
Two boys, two girls…
Don’t you need to have fun?
Actually, why ever
Have more than just one?
I love God,
And so do you.
Do you think that God
Wants more than just two?
Do you feel God wants
You burdened with more?
Do you really believe
You need more than four?
Do you? Do you?
Do you? Why?!
I stopped at four
Why not like I?
Why not, like me?
Walk in shoes I’ve shod,
And then have more time
To spend it with God.
“With every baby…
Comes a loaf of bread –
Not cake with frosting,
But bread.” I said.
For babies with bread
You’d spill all that blood?
She got up and left
Slammed the door with a thud.
“Yes.” I replied,
To myself, all alone,
Thinking of Him hanging
Chilled to the bone.
“It’s the least for my Master,
Whose Flesh is Bread, whole,
At the Mass He bleeds wine
For each baby’s new soul.”

