
THE
STAND
“Please stand for the Gospel.”
He had said.
Yet still they sat,
As if all dead.
But man in authority
Priestly dress’d,
Has excellent strength,
A giant’s, blessed.
And I? I trembled,
Turned quite pale,
By any other name…
I am still frail.
Then staunch, he repeated
Those words, O, wonder,
“Please stand for the Gospel.”
He struck like thunder.
And up they rose
Made better, moulded,
By a man of the cloth
Who never folded.
He spoke the truth,
So cruel in their mind,
But he stood for the Gospel
To save mankind!
STAND
“Please stand for the Gospel.”
He had said.
Yet still they sat,
As if all dead.
But man in authority
Priestly dress’d,
Has excellent strength,
A giant’s, blessed.
And I? I trembled,
Turned quite pale,
By any other name…
I am still frail.
Then staunch, he repeated
Those words, O, wonder,
“Please stand for the Gospel.”
He struck like thunder.
And up they rose
Made better, moulded,
By a man of the cloth
Who never folded.
He spoke the truth,
So cruel in their mind,
But he stood for the Gospel
To save mankind!

